Employers & Military Commands
TRAFFIX staff provides free assistance to area businesses and military commands. We help them develop and implement customized transportation alternative programs to lower commuting costs, increase productivity, and improve the quality of life for their staff.
Helping Area Businesses
Commuter programs can support employees who use alternate modes of transportation, which can include employees who carpool, vanpool, bike or walk to work, have a compressed work week or flexible hours, telework or take transit. Supporting commuting alternatives can benefit employers through improvements in employee wellness, productivity, and retention. Potential savings are available to employer through tax benefits and reduced parking demand.
TRAFFIX Commuter Benefits Program can stand side-by-side with your organization’s medical, dental and vision benefits.
- Meet with a company representative to discuss how the TRAFFIX program can help employees with their commuter and appoint an employee to serve as the liaison between TRAFFIX staff and company/command
- Develop a survey to determine the commute habits of current employees, and identify incentives that would encourage them to try a transportation alternative
- Discuss Parking Management options, such as preferential parking for car and vanpoolers, using TRAFFIX hang tags and signage and creating a parking management plan.
- Carpool matching and commuter rewards through the TRAFFIX Rewards program.
- Sponsor Vanpool formation with third party vendors or participate in a stipend or subsidy for the cost of leasing a van.
- Financial Incentives
- Qualified Transportation Fringe Benefit IRS 132(f) for a ride in a commuter highway vehicle between the employee’s home and work place, a transit pass and qualified parking.
- HRT GoPass365 is a yearly pass available to employers to help with employees’ transportation needs as an incentive or benefit.
- Onsite presentations to employees
- Brown Bag Lunches
- Transportation / Health / Benefit Fairs / New Employee Orientations
- TRAFFIX staff will monitor and evaluate your program
Helping Military Commands
In addition to the items listed above, TRAFFIX has a dedicated military outreach specialist to help your base and command with commuting options. Our military office is in Building C-9 at Naval Station Norfolk, and is responsible for all bases in the region.
- Promote military fringe benefit programs:
- Navy/Marines/Air Force Transportation Incentive Program provides up to $260/month in transit and vanpool commuting costs
- Army Mass Transportation Benefit Program provides up to $260/month in transit and vanpool commuting costs through it
- Onsite presentations to employees such as monthly INDOC presentations, transportation/health fairs and community events.