With the TRAFFIX vanpool program, commuters use a 7-15 passenger vehicle owned by a third-party leasing company to share a ride to work. The total cost, which includes insurance, maintenance, fuels and tolls, is divided amongst the riders. TRAFFIX currently has an agreement with Commute with Enterprise.
TRAFFIX offers three financial assistance programs for vanpools:
Flat Rate Stipend for Vanpools
- For vanpools leased through Commute with Enterprise
- $500 monthly stipend*
Van Start for New Vanpools
- Temporary assistance during the startup phase of a new vanpool
- Period is four months depending on size of vanpool
Van Save for Existing Vanpools
- Temporary assistance during the event of a loss of passengers
- Period of four months depending on size of vanpool
All existing vanpools must be registered with TRAFFIX to receive any stipend and/or program opportunities such as the Guaranteed Ride Program. Program restrictions may apply.
*while funds are available
Interested in joining or starting a vanpool? Contact the TRAFFIX team to kickstart the process today!