National Bike Month is Almost Here!
May is National Bike Month, an annual celebration of cycling as a fun, healthy, and eco-friendly mode of transportation. We believe that biking can be a game-changer for individuals, communities, and the planet.
Besides improving your health, biking is also good for the environment. Unlike cars, bikes don’t emit greenhouse gases or air pollutants that harm the planet. By choosing to bike instead of drive, you can reduce your carbon footprint. Moreover, biking promotes sustainable urban mobility and reduces traffic congestion, making cities more livable and people-friendly.
Earn Rewards for Riding Your Bike
Download the TRAFFIX app (App Store / Google Play) or visit traffix.agilemile.com and start logging your trips today!
Celebrate Bike Month with These Events:
- May 1 – Hampton Proclamation Bike Ride at 5:00 p.m.
- May 1 – Norfolk Bike Expo from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- May 6 – Bikes Out of Hibernation from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- May 7 – Chesapeake BikeFest from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- May 10 – Law Enforcement United Bike Ride in Smithfield at 9:30 a.m.
- May 10 – Local Bike Shop Ferry Ride at 6:30 p.m.
- May 19 – DNC Pit Stop at Elizabeth River Ferry Dock from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
- May 19 – DNC Pit Stop at EVMS Light Rail Station from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
- May 19 – Portsmouth Annual Lunchtime Bike Ride from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- May 19 – Suffolk Lunch Bike Ride at 12 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- May 19 – Glow Ride VII in the Neon District from 8:00 p.m to 10:00 p.m.
- May 20 – Bike Rodeo at Great Neck Rec Center from 9:00 a.m to 11:00 a.m.
- May 20 – Bike Ride of Historic South Norfolk from 10:00 a.m to 12:00 p.m.
- May 25 – Virginia Zoo Bike Night from 5:00 p.m to 8:00 p.m.
Join TRAFFIX in celebrating one of the healthiest ways to #commutedifferently — biking!
Bike to Work Week is May 15-21 · Bike to Work Day is Friday, May 19.