Earth Day 2020
Every Earth Day is wonderful, but this year is extra special. It’s Earth Day’s 50th Anniversary! Here’s to 50 years of making the world a greener and better place.
Each year, TRAFFIX has partnered with local businesses, schools, and communities to spread the word of Earth Day and to encourage “green” behavior. Due to our current COVID-19 predicament, all events have been cancelled or are indefinitely postponed for this year. But do not fear, there are many ways to celebrate Earth Day while social distancing.
- Unplug for 24 hours – Choose a day to turn off everything! Step away from the tv, turn off your phone, and spend the day outside.
- Plant a tree – Fun in the sun with a little yardwork on the side.
- Telework – Teleworking is a fantastic way (and currently, a necessity for many) to reduce traffic congestion and C02 emissions.
Bonus tip… download the TRAFFIX app or visit traffix.agilemile.com and log your telework “trips” for rewards!
- Invest in a reusable water bottle – Ditch those plastic water bottles!
- Trash Pickup – Commit to walking around your neighborhood and picking up trash for an hour. Every little bit counts!
- Conserve water – Be sure to turn off the faucet when washing dishes, brushing your teeth, or washing your face.
These are just a few examples of things that can be done every day, not just once a year.
Remember, EVERY day is Earth Day!